Some time ago I searched for "Clear Plastic Pill Bottles" and just "Clear Plastic Containers" as I thought it would be a nice way to store Chenille's and Yarn. Transfer the material to the container, drill a hole in the lid and just pull out what you needed! My next step was to drill holes in a board and press fit the containers into the board (injection molded containers are slightly tappered). Set the board up like a thread spool holder and You've got a clean, neat Chenille/Yarn dispenser.
Well, I was overwhelmed with whats out there and got lost in the selection, not to mention the quanities you have to purchase!
Also, I have good friend that owns a tool shop right next door and he would lend me his CNC to make the boards.
1 - Does anyone have a source for, lets say, one inch by 3 inch clear plastic containers with a tight fitting lid?
2 - Probably should have been #1. Would this idea fly?
3 - If one of us purchased say, 500 containers how many would you take, at cost plus shipping.
4 - How many containers would be the average? Count your materials.
5 - The answers to #4 would dictate the sq. inch of the boards. But what of the Shape?
6 - What size container would be ideal?
7 - Got to be careful here! What I'm thinking of is a way to help FAOL Tiers organize their material. Combine resources to hold down the cost of getting what we want. But, what if this turns into a marketable item?
I may be violating the rules here, God Forbid! May need some advice from JC & LF.

------------------
I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus AKA "Lucky Dog (Pirate Name)"

[This message has been edited by Jack Hise (edited 05 November 2005).]