+ Reply to Thread

Thread: trade pheasant tail feathers

Default trade pheasant tail feathers

Since I live in an area of the world that raises the best pheasants and I have friends that like to shot them I have a bunch of prime tail feathers that I would love to trade. The barbules on the base of the feathers are 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. That's even long if you convert it to metric. Prefer flyfishing related items and it's really a see what ya got type thing. I have ended up with some great stuff over the years. Keep in mind that migratory birds aren't nationwide. We don't have partridge here and I always could use some types of synthetics. I'm looking for a Lee Wulff trading card, if you have one e me. It would complete my collection.

No.Don't have a Lee Wulff card. How about a Mickey mantle rookie card?

Allan

Chub1

I would normally want in on this action, but Nebraska has its share of them there birds too.

Now, if only I could hit them!

I went out Saturday for the opener. Shot a box and a half of shells and came home with one measly bird. Oh, and it is a young of the year, so the tail feather are quite short. Guess that's what I can expect for not having used the shotgun in 20 years. That'll have to change though.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Don,

I don't know how those birds act on the great plains of Nebraska, but here in PA a flushed pheasant will almost always make a turn towards the woods bordering the field. I always waited for the turn, then BaBoom-pheasant under glass! Now if this turns out to be good advice, my consulting service will have to charge you 3 male ringneck tails! Good Luck.

John

John;

These were all the dumb young of the year birds and they just flew away from us. Usually toward the far part of the same field we were in. A couple headed for heavier cover, but not many. Those were probably the survivors from last year.

I am hoping to get back out in a week or two and see what's left.

Don
    Don Rolfson

Ahhh, the greatest season of all. Pheasant season. I've shot a few, if anyone needs a pheasant clump or two. I've already started on my PTNs with a few of this year's birds!

Am willing to trade for a clue about fly fishing.

Chub1;
    I have some Turkey wing feathers.

ive got some canada goose biots still on the feather if youre interested??, they are off white, outlined in black, theyll probably take a dye nicely, havnt tried yet??

+ Reply to Thread