Our family is set on a horse packing / trout fishing vacation trip somewhere in the west. I've never fished between Colorado and Alaska and would hope to solicit some advice from FAOL fly fishers familiar with the area and pack-in trips.
Here would be our criteria:
1. One to two week trip in the second half of August, pretty much anywhere in the Rockies (Colorado to Alaska).
2. We'd much prefer to avoid crowds and are willing to trade less or smaller fish for solitude, remoteness and naturl beauty.
3. My older son (13) and I would like to spend as much time fly fishing as possible. My wife and younger son (10) don't fish and would prefer to ride and hike. We all have extensive horseback experience.
4. Trip cost is not a driver as long as costs are commesurate with level of service offered. We would prefer to avoid snobbery and 'exclusivity' if possible.

Based on my experience in the areas I fish (Cape Cod) it is very difficult to find a top-notch outfitter and location from the Internet, and I would hope there are folks on FAOL who could help us find an exceptional vacation. Thanks in advance