Ray,

Where in my Thread did I say Diameter had anything to with Overlining?I said "I felt Plastic Lines Overloaded my Bamboo Rods which I should of actually said Underloads".I was comparing 2 Types of Lines,Plastic and Silk/Sylk Lines.Silk line is made from Silk and doesn't Float,you have to apply Mucilin Silicone Paste to make the Line Float and only stays afloat for 2 Hours Costing $250.Sylk is Cortlands new Line that's the next best thing to real Silk Line and you don't need Silicone Paste to make it Float.It Cost $48 and has all the Specs of real Silk Line including it's Diameter.Plastic being made for Graphite Rods and Silk/Sylk being made for Bamboo and Glass Rods!Both Lines having different Diameters.

Cortland 444 lines (e.g., DT3F) have a tip diameter of 0.033" whereas the Sylk DT3F has a tip of 0.031" (area of 0.000856sq." compared to 0.000755sq.").

Now Diameter,I believe the heavier in Line Weight you go the Bigger the Tip Diameter the Line gets!So why wouldn't the Diameter of a Line have nothing to do with Overlining a Rod?By the way,Tip Diameter increases by 5 on Sciectific Anglers Lines as you go heavier in Line Weights.