The last year I lived in SE Idaho, the head of the IDF&G fisheries section asked what I thought about going to a year round open fishing season, with closings only by exception, for the entire state. My response was that most waters that were seasonally closed at that time, unless open by exception, were either inaccessible by weather or travel conditions, and that they were most likely unfishable due to weather conditions, and if they were fishable, one would not likely catch enough fishies to make the effort. I suspect Jim got the same or similar observations from any number of other folks around Idaho at the time. In any event, within a year after that conversation, Idaho went to a year round open fishing season, with some waters closed by exception, and it hasn't changed back to the old system, which suggests that the change was just fine with the fishies and those who chase them. My guess is that going to year-round fishing in Yellowstone will result in very few folks spending the time, energy, and bucks to access whatever water they can find to fish there - but good luck to the few that do.