Closed Thread

Thread: I Need Your Help (regarding Al Campbell)

Default I Need Your Help (regarding Al Campbell)

Written and composed by the LadyFisher:

Most of you know Al Campbell has a brain tumor which has been operated on. It is a very rare type of cancer. He has had chemo and radiation and the tumor is growing again. Treatment has been stopped.

As a favor to me, I am asking each of you who has read Al's column, ever tied one of his flies, learned how to tie from his tutorials or received help from him on rod building, to improve the quality of his life now. Please do not wait. Send him a THANK YOU card or note NOW. Not a get well card, but a THANK YOU. Let him know how much he has done for you.

We may not have much time - I'd like to see him get cards and notes from every corner of the world from everyone he has helped.

Send to:

Al Campbell
    5606 S. Pitch Ct.
    Rapid City, SD 57701
    USA

Thank you,
    LadyFisher, Publisher

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

In by email:

Hi Miss Deanna Birkholm,

Many thanks for letting us know about Al Campbell's condition, many of us here in Singapore have heard of Al Campbell and FAOL. I personally have learned a lot from him and also from the staffs of FAOL. I wish him and well and also like to thanks him for the many things he has share with us in life and flyfishing.

I have taken the liberty of posting your thread in our local forum for flyfishing folks. [url=http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24205:fe90e]http://www.fishingkaki.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24205[/url:fe90e] Hope you do not mind.

Thanks once again.

And Thanks You Al.

Best regards
    CM Qwek

Dear LadyFisher:
    I'm so sad to hear about Al's disease...
    I'm one of those who learned a lot and improved a lot my fly tying thanks to Al. More important for us so far away in Argentinian Patagonia, where we don't have much access to knowledge to improve our beloved flies. Al helped me a lot and every time I wrote him he VERY KINDLY answered me with a wealth of information.
    I'm afraid if I send a note (we have a lousy mail in Argentina) it would not arrive in time. Is there any mail to write?
    Even though I never met him I feel him so close as one more of my friends, so I can imagine how you all must feel. We share the feeling.
    Thank you for your time.

Gustavo Armand Ugon
    Rio Bermejo 837
    Neuquen - Argentina
    armandugon@ciudad.com.ar

(I responded and told Gustavo to email Al)

Closed Thread