+ Reply to Thread

Thread: sow bug

Default sow bug

anybody from here going to be at sowbug roundup this weekend

Care to tell more never heard of it where when what
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Default sow bug

its a major fly fishing/ tying fair held each march it attracts fly tyers from all over the country this year it is march 21, 22, and 23 , at the baxter county fair grounds in mountain home arkansas.put on by the north arkansas fly fishers, proceeds are used to fund local scholarships. the club works very closely with trout unlimited and has created a number of improved access points on both the norfork and white rivers of arkansas. you can find more information on the club web site located at north arkansas fly fishers association. hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by john52948 View Post
    its a major fly fishing/ tying fair held each march it attracts fly tyers from all over the country this year it is march 21, 22, and 23 , at the baxter county fair grounds in mountain home arkansas.put on by the north arkansas fly fishers, proceeds are used to fund local scholarships. the club works very closely with trout unlimited and has created a number of improved access points on both the norfork and white rivers of arkansas. you can find more information on the club web site located at north arkansas fly fishers association. hope this helps
    https://www.northarkansasflyfishers...._id=547813Very nice I am not near but I wish ... Enjoy and best for a successful event..
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

too far to drive

It was a great meeting with some very nice flies being tied. Learned a few new things.
    In a few days I will post some pictures of flies that I was given.
    Rick

rick, glad you could make it and had a good time, we have one every year about the same time if you get a chance to come next year let me know and maybe we can meet up did you get a chance to go fishing

I never take a rod with me. If I did take one I would never tie.
    Rick

sounds like you tie every year. let me know what time and date you tie next year and ill pay you a visit at the table. I live in the area, belong to the club and usually help with set up, so let me know next year and we will meet up

Here are the flies I received at Sow Bug
    https://flic.kr/p/2pHk28i
    https://flic.kr/p/2pHjm4v

+ Reply to Thread