+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paddle-Tail Diver

Default Paddle-Tail Diver

Taking some time to add a few more Paddle-Tail divers to my LM bass box. These little guys have nice action in the water and the blade tail adds some flash and motion. I tie these in different colors depending on the species of baitfish I am trying to imitate. That said, I'm not sure the colors make all that much difference other than dark or light. The second photo shows how it sits in the tail-down position when stationary in the water. The blade moves a bit causing a bit of flash between strips. This is an easy pattern to make that gets a lot of attention for the fish; especially when fished along brush lines or over submerged weed beds. https://gifyu.com/image/SjRXL

Default Quarter

I like that one , noise maker with flash. Fishing poppers is one of my favorites for bass, Nice !-- I?ll give you the two bits for it --Take care
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Thank you for the kind words. While we get to fish year-round here in Florida, on cool windy or wet days, I prefer to spend some time at the bench trying new ideas od filling up my bass boxes.Have a very Happy New Year.Jim

Another cool design & very nice finished product. Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. I like to play around with different ideas and keep the ones that work out well and either modify or ditch the others. This was a keeper.Jim Smith

Default also looks very versatile

I think that would fish well with either a fly rod or a light spinning outfit in areas to crowded for fly casting.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Thank you for the kind words. I agree with you that this cold be fished equally well with a UL outfit. Based on your comment, I will me making some more UL lures that I can use this fishing season which is just starting to warm up now with the big females staging for the spawn.Have a safe and happy New Year.Jim Smith

+ Reply to Thread