This is a simple Bluegill pattern popper that I make that has proven to be very effective for me. It presents a nice broad profile and the hackle feather tail gives the appearance of a larger pattern so it seems to draw strikes from larger fish. I like to tie in the tail materials which consist of four yellow hackle feathers, covered by two dark olive hackle feathers. I added a dyed Silver Pheasant feather to each side to help develop the broad profile. Once I have the tail materials tied in, I measure a piece of 1/2" x 1/2" square balsa wood dowel to the proper length and start carving. I like to leave the popper body attached to the dowel as it makes it MUCH easier to safely carve the basic shape. After a few minutes of carving and sanding with 240 grit Abranet cloth, a quick zap with the Dremel with a dome-shaped bit to carve out the popper mouth, it's ready to cut away from the dowel. I use markers to color the pattern, including inside the hook slot. I also color the thread base on the hook so the belly coloration is consistent. I position the hook in the slot and add a couple of drops of water-thin CA. This locks the body in place so I can give it a coat of sparkly nail polish. Once that's dry. I add the eyes, give it a coat of two-part epoxy, and set it on the drying wheel. It's a very simple pattern to make, but it is one of my most effective poppers to consistently draw strikes.https://gifyu.com/image/SRVm9