I haven't tied too many flies lately because I have been busy at my lathe making Christmas gifts for friends and family. I took the time to make a few to restock my boxes. This is one I call the Bleeding Frog Popper. I carved it from Balsa wood and, use markers to color it and give it a coat of glittery nail polish, add the eyes and give it a coat of two-part epoxy. I used an inline hook in the point-up position to minimize the weeds. I use the Satin Cord to make the bleeding tail. I pick at the end of the satin cord to get the center thread that holds it together, Then, I pull it out until I get the length I want. I fold the center thread back along the main cord and use a toothbrush to comb out the fibers, They naturally form this fan shape. I put a drop of water-thin CA at the base of the fan to lock the fibers in place and let it dry. I make up a number of these ahead of time to use when I want to. I make them in several colors and use them on poppers as well as streamers. https://gifyu.com/image/S8bfu