+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swap of Catskill Collection tied by Alan Podell

Hybrid View

Default Swap of Catskill Collection tied by Alan Podell

I acquired these beautiful flies years ago from Alan Podell in a fly swap here on FAOL. I am not a fly collector and since I live in Florida, I feel that it would be a shame to use these beautiful collectible flies for Bluegill. I am donating some flies to a special needs young man (around 10 yrs old) who is just learning how to fly fish and lives in Colorado. While these flies would certainly work there, I think that they would be better used in the collection of a fly fishing/tyer person. Those of you who know Alan, know what an amazingly talented fly tyer he is. I would like to swap these seven beautiful flies for a dozen simple patterns that would work in Colorado. Soft Hackles, nymphs, etc. I will be tying up an additional dozen to send to him as well. Administrators, please feel free to delete this if it is not appropriate on this swap page. Thanks for your consideration. https://gifyu.com/image/SgKX5

Jim, I have been trying to PM you. Don't know why my messages won't send. Could you PM me with your e-mail address so we can communicate. I have some flies for the special needs young man in Colorado.Dennis

Default Special Needs Kid

Hey, Jim, Send me your snail mail address and I'll send along some Flymphs and Soft Hackles that will work just about anywhere. REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Ron,Thank you very much for your generosity. I sent you a PM with the information. This young man is 10 years old and has Cerebral Palsy so he can not participate in sports or many other physical activities. He's just started fly fishing and he's doing well and loving it. He will be so excited to get all the flies.Jim Smith

Dennis,THe flies arrived. WOW! Beautiful work. My wife even commented on what a beautiful job you did. Thank you again for sending them to this young man. He is going to be over the moon with these flies.Jim

Thanks Jim. Glad I could help. Dennis

Default More flies?

Got room for another dozen? P.M. your address and I'll send them along. It's a good excuse to spend an evening tying.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Thank you very much. This young man is going to have a very early Christmas. PM sent.

I want to thank both Badbug and Rainbowchaser for the fantastic, and generous contribution to the flies being sent to the 10-year-old boy with Cerebral Palsy who is just starting to fly fish. He is unable to participate in most sports by fly fishing has become his passion. With Badbug's and rainbowchaser's contribution to the flies I sent, we sent this young man a very nice, diverse collection of almost 100 flies. Well done gentlemen!Jim Smith

+ Reply to Thread