+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Asheville fly shops

Default Asheville fly shops

I am heading down to the Asheville - Morgaton, NC area next week and I want to check out the fishing prospects. I'm looking to possibly retire there. I know about Hunter Banks in Asheville and Wilsin Creek Outfitters in Morganton. Are there any other places between or nearby to these two?
    I've heard that Lake James is a good Smallmouth lake and I keep reading about all the Trout waters in the area. Any comments and experiences would be welcome. Thanks - Rick.

Two great shops with some very good people as owners are High Country Outdoors near Elkin and Bo Cash's place, Tablerock Anglers, north of Morganton.
    With Bo you have to make an appointment, but a finer shop with the best of products I've never seen.
    Both of these businesses are run by owners who really do appreciate your business... even if you are just a walk-in customer. Some shops have brick walls only to get the better lines for their internet business, and they will tell you that!

[This message has been edited by Jackster (edited 25 March 2005).]

[url=http://www.diamondbrand.com/:ca65c]http://www.diamondbrand.com/[/url:ca65c]
    Better Loops & Singing Reels
    Lee

Jeb and Adam are great guys at Diamondbrand in Fletcher (10 mi. S of A'ville). There is a flyshop in Weaverville (15 mi N of A'ville) but I can't remember the name. There is also Davidson River Outfitters in Pisgah Forest, on the banks of the Davidson.

You are going to try the water, right? In that case, the N. Mills, Curtis Creek or the Davidson would be in order. Any of those shops can point you in the right direction.

The fly shop in Weaverville is named Curtis Wright Outfitters. Jeff Curtis is one of hte owners and is a great guy. Curtis Wright also has a shop in Saluda (below Hendersonville)

The fly shop in Weaverville is named Curtis Wright Outfitters. Jeff Curtis is one of hte owners and is a great guy. Curtis Wright also has a shop in Saluda (below Hendersonville).

And, of course, don't forget Lowe's Fly Shop in Waynesville. Roger Lowe has a nice little shop and really knows the streams in the Smokies.

+ Reply to Thread