+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Five Minute Epoxy

Marko,

Sounds like you have things worked out...more info for others reading this post:

I emphasize clean white pads or post it's. If your get colored pads or especially white note pads with blue lines on it. The ink will bleed out and get mixed in with your clear epoxy. You will end up with a funky looking color instead of clear. I also leave my "stirring stick" on the pad. I can then check the pad and stick to see if everything is setting up properly. Much better than leaving a finger print on almost cured epoxy...You can't tell me I'm the only one to do this?

------------------
    John G.
    Albuquerque, NM

I find pallets made from a milk jug..slice out a few of the flat portions...and after use and cureing..you can bend the pallet and the old epoxy peels right off...and you can reuse it many times..and there is nothing to bleed into the mix...much cheaper than wasteing the great trees this country thinks are solely for toilet paper ....and postit notes...sorry..I'm going to H*ll for that one I souppose...lol

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

i do something similar to bill--use the plastic lids from coffee cans--then you can peel it right off.

if you do not mix it properly and the epoxy is still a bit sticky after it 'dries' coat it with clear nail polish.

i've read that using wood to stir epoxy will cause it to yellow. not sure if that is true but i always use metal.

if you ever buy the type that comes in one container with the plunger, split the handle of the plunger to give you more control of each side.

+ Reply to Thread