+ Reply to Thread

Thread: We lost another great member

Default We lost another great member

Good morning
    I don't post here much anymore, but I thought all of you old members would like to know this. Jack Hise, a member here and a close personal friend of mine, passed away quietly in his sleep on Moday, April 24th. He had been battling COPD for the last few years and it was time for the Lord to call him home. Jack was instrumental in getting the Michigan Fish In off of the ground many years ago. He was a teacher, excellent fly caster, guide and most of all a genuine friend. He will be missed by many.

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

Default Thanks Brad

Sagefisher posted about it yesterday, so you"ll find comments there. I know Jack became a very good caster but I'll always remember the day we met. I racked my brains trying to figure out how to tell this guy I'd just met that slack in his cast was bad without sounding like a know it all. Instead of being offended he kept telling everyone how much I'd helped his casting with just a simple tug at the start of his foreward cast.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Very sorry to hear Brad. I met you and Jack briefly years ago at the fly fishing show here in Louisville and you were both as decent in person as you always were here on the board. RIP Jack.

Man, I hate to hear this. I'm gonna miss Jack. Always celebrated his birthday at the Idaho Fish-In. Rest well, my friend.
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I am sorry to hear that Brad. Loved fishing with you and Jack and the MI Fish in. John

I'm sorry to hear this. Jack seemed like a terrific guy who always added value to the discussions he joined.Jim Smith

I haven't visited this site in a long time, but so sorry to about Jack. I remember him well from the MI Fish Ins so many years ago. Thanks for sharing, Brad. Hope you are doing Well.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread