I took the day off on Wednesday to fly fish with a friend from Iowa who was driving thru the area. He wanted to catch Eyetail Bowfin. We started around Noon. 6 casts in....He caught one! He later caught another, and also lost what felt like a bigger one. So, that was awesome!I waited until he caught his first one before I started to fish, which didn't take long. I've wanted to catch a Bowfin on a Gamechanger. And I did.My friend had a substantial drive ahead of him, so he couldn't stay all day. My wife told me I didn't need to hurry home, so I stayed until just after 7pm. I caught 4 more Bowfin (so, 5 total), including some beautiful colored-up males.Now I just need 4 MORE to reach my lifetime goal of 100 Bowfin on Fly!I had a very rare opportunity to fish after work on Thursday. I left the Bowfin alone, and decided to try an urban creek for Grass Carp. Saw some, had maybe 10 good strikes that I MISSED, and finally caught my first one of the year!Also missed a few Shortnose Gar strikes before one ate the fly good.Caught a couple Green Sunfish as well.