While I tie these for Bluegill, Crappie, and Tilapia, they also do pretty well attracting some nice bass, especially when they are looking for smaller prey items. I picked up a nice Mink fur hat at our local thrift shop so I decided to tie up some minnow imitation jig flies. I cut the Mink fur into 1/8" wide Zonker strips, tied them onto the hook, and palmered a hackle feather to the eye for the body. I prefer to use Mink fur for small Zonker patterns because it retains a fuller-looking body when wet as opposed to rabbit fur which tends to lay almost flat. I tie these on small jig heads that I make. These are tied on size 8 90-degree jig hooks. I crimp and epoxy a small split shot at the 90-degree bend, paint them with nail polish, add eyes, and give them a coat of epoxy. These little guys stand on their heads when at rest on the bottom with the hook almost vertical. They hop along the bottom when I do a retrieve of quick 2-3" strips of the line. This is an easy pattern to tie and very effective for big Bluegill, Crappie, and big Blue Tilapia here in Central Florida. When tied in browns and tans, they also make a pretty good crawfish imitation. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. https://gifyu.com/image/SIibS