Well I'm not sure of "BEST" hooks...But I know what I use for the various flies I tye and fish for bass.

I Like a few styles The 3407 and 34007 for Sunfish imataions, Standard streamer hooks for the flies of that name and my crawfish flies,Some topwater foam bugs as well,Standard dries in the larger sizes are a must have, Mustad 3366 make great popper hooks and are cheap,I use them in place of dry fly hooks quite often as well as for deer hair divers,Poppers and sliders...

I don't and have not bothered with the stinger hooks that are pushed so often...I just don't see any real use for them,Especially when I want a weedless fly...Vertually any hook that you find to be the right frame for whatever fly you are looking to design will work, In most situations...

------------------
"I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 14 September 2005).]

[This message has been edited by billknepp (edited 14 September 2005).]