+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Friends

Hybrid View

Default California Friends

For those of us who have friends in California, we might want to check in on them. Serious flooding is wreaking havoc on lots of folks.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Head above water here , but can?t say that for some neighbors nearby. I can say positively that we need the water and the cleaning being done by the series of storms. Bigtime, but Mud slides and trees down as well as lives lost god awful for sure.Thanks for checking in Joe!
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

How?s the state treating other west coast members , On the subject of members , how?s Dear Betty, Ed and Ohiotuber ?Mike? and other honorable mentions. be Nice to hear , anybody remember Doughboy , and of course REE as with Joe whom has lost their spouse very recently..Be safe well and able all..
    Last edited by Steve Molcsan; 01-13-2023 at 01:21 AM.
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

@lee s and @BadBug .... How are you guys faring?
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Okay here - Rain but no flooding in our area inland from San Diego. Thanks for asking Dave.Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    How?s the state treating other west coast members , On the subject of members , how?s Dear Betty, Ed and Ohiotuber ?Mike? and other honorable mentions. be Nice to hear , anybody remember Doughboy , and of course REE as with Joe whom has lost their spouse very recently..Be safe well and able all..
    Hi Steve!I'm (Ohiotuber) doin' fine, still fly fishin' & catching those big farm pond bluegill. Been fishing a new pond the last few years that is FULL of monsters....9 inchers common, 10 inchers EVERY trip there, & enough 11 inchers to keep things interesting. I'm 76 now, still taking no meds, spoiling 10 Grandkids, but have backed off wading significantly....sticking to more quiet, shallow water & ALWAYS with my Folstaf & a buddy, wearing one of my Tilleys. Both the Tilley & Folstaf were purchased at the urging of our dear departed Deanna. Oh! BTW, newest Grandchild (of 10), 2 month old Owen, not in the club yet, but ALL the others have fished with Grandpa AND kissed fish! My wife, who does NOT fish, accompanied us a couple years ago & voiced concern that I suggested to then 2 year old Landon that he kiss his catch (which he did!). My eldest daughter, Molly, told her, "Mom, ALL your Grandchildren have kissed fish!" LOL....and they all still enjoy fishing with Grandpa. Thanks for asking & life is good.Mike
    Last edited by ohiotuber; 01-13-2023 at 09:12 PM.
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Default Thanks Joe,

for thinking about us. It's raining again today in my neck of the woods. We are subject to Flash flooding in the desert so staying aware of road conditions, GPS and Caltrans info is helpful. They said on the news yesterday that the drought in California is over. They say that about every 7 years, then the next year it's back on. Not enough water storage facilities to serve 40 million people with bottled water and Starbucks. Much less to irrigate all the illegal pot growing facilities.They say now that El Nino is coming. I'm sure the Delta Smelt will prosper from that. Opening day in the eastern sierra's will be dangerous this year with the snow pack. It's difficult to drive in the mountains. I'll wait. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Thanks for asking, Raining again here today. Our immediate area is not prone to flooding, though the creeks have often run quite full. There has been enough lull between drenches to let most run off. That said, I suspect areas south and burn areas not accustomed to prolonged periods of moisture are not faring as well. I don't think we are much above our normal rainfall. Man must be the least adaptable creature, or most complaining one there is. In six weeks it will probably be too hot, too dry, or both. ....lee s.P.S. LOVE those farmpond BG's
    Last edited by lee s; 01-14-2023 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Molcsan View Post
    I getting along Steve. I can't fish anymore so I've taken up photography. It works for me.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Hi, Guys!! Swamp Witch here, just checking in, and saw this note. I'm still around ... doing very little. Fired a Doctor who told me my fishing days in my mountains were over! She said a trip to the mountains could kill me; got a better way to go? I think not. Last trip did cause me a week in hospital when we got home, but, darm! it was worth it! Now in the KUMed center grouping and my oncologist there said I could go if I understood I was no longer 25 yo, and was careful with my doings. Chemo for the PV (blood cancer) has failed me so we're trying interferon. We'll see what happens. Bit of incredible, happy news; Tristyn just turned 9, and has learned to walk! Most of her time is still in the wheelchair, but she is accomplishing things we never, ever expected her to do! Still non verbal, but certainly can get her message across! She's also learning to use a picture board on the computer to better communicate; she taps a picture on the screen that speaks the words she wants. Her computer voice is hilarious! Now have 9 grands, and 3 great grands! Other than that ...pffftttt! Miss you all, miss Deanna and our silly phone calls. Do think of you alot. Hugs!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread