adso4;

The goose-like ?biot segmentation was achieved by actually using goose biot. I will also add other materials on some to simulate other types of may flies and stone flies.

10 were landed on that very fly with 3 misses, I took it straight from my fly patch. Most important in building these flies is the flexibility of the tail, a hard stiff tail will interfere with hook ups. Hence the reason for Vinyl glues. Flex cement will hold with dubbing materials but beyond that the energy of the cast will cause other materials to separate and the tail will fray. I will also use a very small dab of zap-a-gap where I place the hollow body onto the hook (very important to keep it a very small amount) Once the HB tail is anchored to the hook, tighten it down with thread wraps and collapse the opened end with the thread. This helps secure the air pocket inside of the tail.

Thomas Olson, I believe that it is the gentlemen that I was trying to remember. The technique of using a needle was first published in a magazine in the early 1990?s but they forgot to mention the use of the glues. Due to the fact that the glues were not mentioned, everyone who tried the technique was met with failure. It was also used primarily with dubbing materials and flex cement, if my memories serve me correct. The other technique, with the C&F tool, is not as old as the other technique and the only thing that separates the 2 is the printing of the use of ?dabs? of flex glues and a subsequent tool which is nothing more than needles.

I will let you know as soon as our project is completed and thank you for asking. I?ll keep your email in my database.

------------------
Best Regards