+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheaters on Hat Brim

Default Cheaters on Hat Brim

If you're like me and now must resort to those flimsily made magnifiers that never stay on your hat brim so you end up losing them to the fishes, try double sided tape. I managed to retain mine for a season and the cheaters have never moved.

Consider yourself blessed you only need help seeing when you are doing tiny work like tying on flies. I have had a pair of glasses sitting on my nose for about 55 years now, and I consider myself fortunate that since having cataracts removed and lens implants my vision with glass is about 20/15.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Fritz,

Not a bad idea. I have lost enough of them that I finally bought me some polarized sun glasses that have the reader lens build in them.

The rain didn't damage the tape?

Larry ---sagefisher---

Quote Originally Posted by sagefisher View Post
    Fritz,

Not a bad idea. I have lost enough of them that I finally bought me some polarized sun glasses that have the reader lens build in them.

The rain didn't damage the tape?

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Double sided tape is pretty sticky stuff but removable. As a woodworker, I use the stuff often when template cutting duplicate shapes. I placed the tape on the leg clip on the underside of my brim to give the tape some protection from rain. Taping one leg was more than sufficient. Tight lines........
    Last edited by fritz; 11-02-2022 at 03:39 AM.

I just remembered there are insert that attached to inside of non-prescription glasses that make your sunglasses into bifocals.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jesse View Post
    I just remembered there are insert that attached to inside of non-prescription glasses that make your sunglasses into bifocals.
    These definitely will work on both prescribed eye glasses and sunglasses. The comments seem to be all over the place however. In my case, this wouldn't be applicable because I already have flip-up type sunglasses on my prescribed eye glass. Also would be a good idea to sample one to determine proper strength and comfortability before purchase. Thanks for the heads-up.

https://www.amazon.com/Carson-Power-...ct_top?ie=UTF8

Blog Entries

Yea, I forgot about those. After I stopped using the cap visor type I did go with the little plastic lens type on regular sunglasses. They worked really well until I ran across some really nice polarized sunglasses that had the cheaters ground in.

Larry ---sagefiseher---

+ Reply to Thread