+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Idaho Fish-In 2022

Default Idaho Fish-In 2022

The 2022 Idaho Fish-In officially started today, and will last until next Saturday. I'll be heading that way on Tuesday. I plan on fishing only a short while, then spending the next 2 days taking pictures. The wildfires have subsided and the area is open, and the road blocking landslide on the Selway River road is being repaired and flaggers are allowing through traffic. We'll be camped at Johnson Bar on the Selway.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

So cool with I could join you my friend.

Be safe - sm
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

Need a report when you return, photos would be nice..

Cheers
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

2022 Idaho Fish In.
    Rivers were as low as I have ever seen them in the 23 years I have attended this fish in. Our dates were a week early this year and we missed the main October Caddis hatch but, the fish were taking the big bugs we were throwing.
    We camped in the group site at Johnson Bar campground, we had reserved it a year in advance. Had plenty of room, potable water, vault toilets and a big campfire ring. We could sit at the fire ring, watch the fish rise and walk to the waters edge to fish for them.
    Lots of fish were caught! After so many years we kind of know where the fish are on both the Selway and Locsha rivers so it was a matter of how hard do you want to work or how many fish do you want to catch!
    We had another group of long time attendees that stayed in less rugged digs in Syringia and Kooskia. Always fun to run into folks that you know on the river.
    I don't take many pictures on the water now that they are done with my phone, but I got out my old Optio Pentax for next year!
    As it is for next year, we have the group site reserved again from Sept 25th thru Oct 1st and maybe a couple days beyond. Join us!

I forgot to mention - a couple of the attendees paid for the site and then asked for the others to contribute to the "coffee" can with all funds to be donated to a campsite local veterans group. I didn't count, but I'm sure the site fee was matched or more.
    Last edited by Z; 10-03-2022 at 03:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread