Quote Originally Posted by Whitewolf View Post
Bluegill Budd and Ohiotuber....enjoy your posts. I am sort of new to Maine.....been here a few years now but not always fishing. So not good at fishing here. I would like to know where you went fishing in Maine. I have discovered a fish here I never new about before.....living out west all my life. it is called a Pumpkin Seed. It is a panfish and appears to be quite a fighter. I shall be targeting them once my eye injury is over. I walked into something hard and immovable in the garage. Pretty serious harsh gouge into the right eye. Docs examined and say the double vision will probably go away. Could be a damaged nerve, a muscle stuck in a position, or swelling and inflammation. Interesting she did the keep head forward and follow my finger with your eyes. She moved right and left and up and down. I never thought of this technique much. She even told the wife to watch......when I look UP my left eye goes up but the right eye does not! Anywhoo I caught some awesome trout out west....but not having much luck fishing in Maine for trout or bass. I have not been a bass fisherman so a rookie at that effort. But 'tis what most of the waters near me have. Sorry for length of msg. jim
Jim, where are you in Maine? I'm kinda in the middle, near Bangor. Moved here from Washington State about 4 years ago. Still finding my way around. I've had good luck with Brookies in The West Branch of the Penobscot, East Outlet of the Kennebeck, and the Piscatiquis near Dover-Foxcroft. Water levels are dropping in the rivers and the temps are going up. The trout are heading for the lakes and deep holes while the smallmouth are moving into the rivers to forage. You can still catch bass in the ponds and lakes, look for lily pads and cast away. Feel free to PM me if you want.