+ Reply to Thread

Thread: jig hook question

Hybrid View

Default jig hook question

I never thought that I would run out of hooks. It's been years since I have bought anything. Looking to buy some jig hooks (think Euro nymphing) and could use a push in the right direction.

The number of hook resellers has tripled since I bought hooks last. The last value price hooks that I bought were Daiichi. I looked at the prices of Daiichi today and they are no longer what I would consider to be a value priced hook. They seem to be a premium priced hook today.

Considering Firehole and Saber. Looking for some recommendations that are around $15-20 / 100. I just don't want to buy $100 worth of hooks only to find out that I made a terrible choice.

If there is already a good thread on this, would love a shove pointing to that. I tried to do a couple of searches and came up blank. Thanks everyone

Clay, one of the guys on the flymph forum told me about Wholesale Fly Company. I've been using their hooks for a couple years and have no complaints at all. Price on most hooks is $7 a hundred. Their beads are really good as well. I don't have any interest in the company, just trying to save a few bucks and still tie flies. https://www.wholesaleflycompany.com
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Thanks for the nice link Ron, now those are a value priced hook. The model that I looked at still said chemically sharpened and forged wire. Nice

Yes, thumbs up for Wholesale Fly Co. I've seen good prices at AvidMax too.

tightlines...........

+ Reply to Thread