Hi All,

Took a day off after an early morning MD appt. did a little garden work, then went fishing all afternoon and early evening on Big Walnut Creek mostly well north of U.S. Highway 36 and a bit south of it at then end of the day.

Caught so many dink Smallmouth I quit counting at 3:10 pm/ 52 fish caught. I fished until 7pm

I moved a couple of times after 3:10 in search of bigger fish. I know the rule "never leave fish to find fish" - but today was different. Although the action was fast and furious, my biggest fish all day was less than 12 inches. Not very sporty on an 8 weight but better than being in the office in Indy.

My best ever Smallmouth day before this was 23 fish - that was mostly with "gear" not flies, and that was a full morning, and all afternoon until dark with a lunch break. I also have never caught more than a handful and not had at least one that was 14/15 inches or so.

Not that it mattered much because I think they'd have bitten a strip of anything affixed to a hook, but I used:
a white game (finesse) changer,
a size 2 black conehead / bunny strip leech,
a white sz 6 wooly bugger,
a Murdich Minnow,
and a size 10 jig hook black leech with a tungsten bead (Meyer Mini Leech Jig style)

I even tried a size 12 BH Pheasant Tail and took it off after the second fish caught because they were getting hooked deep in the mouth and I was concerned about damaging a fish. My "zinger" and attached forceps must have came loose during my fall and weren't available to get the nymphs out with.
Small bass with deep small hooks and long fat fingers aren't a good mix. (they were on barbless hooks but a bass' gullet is kinda tough and the mouths were, well, "smallmouths" haha

In short, I ran out of time before I could find a fly that they wouldn't bite.

No pics were taken unfortunately. I kept thinking I'd catch one that was pic worthy but it didn't happen. (Some were very pretty though!)

But I had slipped and fell and was afraid to open the inside wader pocket and risk getting wallet and camera (cell phone) wet.

Safety first! Always wear and fasten your wading belts kids!
Luckily, my wading belt was tightly cinched up so I only got wet from the waist up and only my butt and feelings got hurt
Apparently limestone has less give in it than my rear end does. Maybe I should start calling my Mother in Law "Limestone" ? ? ?

Stay safe and have fun friends!
JD