+ Reply to Thread

Thread: May 4, 2022

Default May 4, 2022

Flyfished after work. The creek was high...backed up from the Missouri River. Saw a nice gar, it ate the fly, I hooked it and it was on for a bit before shaking loose.
    Went to a different place. Caught largemouth bass, redear sunfish, bluegills, green sunfish, and hybrid sunfish.

David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Nice Dave !
    Very nice. You making any plans to explore further afield this Summer? Maybe Southern Illinois or South East Missouri ?

Quote Originally Posted by jdfog2 View Post
    Nice Dave !
    Very nice. You making any plans to explore further afield this Summer? Maybe Southern Illinois or South East Missouri ?
    I will be fishing in Arkansas again in a few weeks. There are some smallmouth streams in central MO that I've fished in previous years that I want to hit again....but they are both high at the moment, and rather crowded during the summer when kids are out of school. So, those may have to wait until September. Might look north a bit for bowfin...but everything is flooded out at the moment...probably a month or so away before I go looking. That's the general story everywhere around at the moment...rivers are currently high. I've fished SE Missouri already this year. Could go back, but haven't made any plans to do so, yet. I'll be fishing central Iowa and NE Iowa in a couple months.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread