DSCN3316 (5).JPGDSCN3323 (2).JPG

Hook: Mustad 3906B
    Thread: 6/0 uni thread camel color
    Tail: natural peacock tail fibers
    Abdomen: uni wire, 2 strands copper brown, 1 strand copper
    Covert: whiting brahma hen saddle, march brown
    Thorax: arizona synthetic dubbing, peacock and 1/8" tungsten copper bead
    Hackle/legs: whiting brahma hen saddle, march brown, loop dubbed

note: wire size varies by hook size. medium for size 8 & 10, brassie for size 12 & 14, small for size 16 & 18
    bead size also varies with hook size, see bead size chart

Nice. I tried twisting 2colors of wire together and wrapping them - created an interesting effect

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

scott, yours look a lot better than my attempts at that, I found it much to bulky on smaller hooks. haven't tried it since they came up with extra small wire, which by the way is ultra wire not uni wire like I keep listing. anyhow, I think the right color combo might make a great caddis nymph whats your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by john52948 View Post
    I found it much to bulky on smaller hooks. haven't tried it since they came up with extra small wire, which by the way is ultra wire not uni wire like I keep listing. anyhow, I think the right color combo might make a great caddis nymph whats your thoughts
    Sounds like a good idea. The fly I posted used size Small wire on a #8 hook. If I used anything smaller than a #10, I’d go to x-small wire; only issue I found with that was it tended to break if I used too much tension when twisting. Slowing down the speed helped prevent breaks.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

hey , another thing i monkeyed with was twisting up some of the different micro chenilles . i had to twist the heck out of it but i was able to get it to hold its shape. ended up with candy cane colored san juan worms. i think if you applied the same kind of approach you could come up with some unusual color combos for wooly bogger bodies

+ Reply to Thread