+ Reply to Thread

Thread: From Casting for recovery

Default From Casting for recovery

We have about 40-45 retreats across the country that fish for trout/salmon or cold water species, and about 10-12 that fish for warm water species.
    If someone wants to tie 14, we can add one fly/participant to the boxes that we give the women. We are happy with any number of flies that a tier feels like tying and donating.
    Let me know if anyone wants specific pattern suggestions, but the usual fare, pheasant tails, prince nymph, zebra midge, copper john, black beauty, mercury midge, RS2?s, wooly buggers, scuds, caddis, parachute adams, royal wulff, etc. If they have patterns they really like for trout, we would be happy to have whatever they want to tie up.

I’m in.

MESSAGE SENT

SCG

rick,

whats the time frame

Any time you can send them.
    send to Jen Lofgren 2543 S. Lincoln St. Unit B
    Denver, CO. 80210

My salt water club works one of the warm water ones. Not a whole lot of trout in South Jersey. We act as lake guides for the participants on the last day of the retreat. Each guide ties 14 flies, plus whatever ones club members who are not active participants tie up and contribute. The retreat this year isn't till early October, so I won't be tying any till later in the year. I'll tie an extra 14 when I get around to tying mine.

okay will do

I have not done anything like this but I am willing to make them some fly's. Last year I went through cancer treatment on my neck and I have just gone into remission in December 2021. I will make some fly that Warren Patterson has shown me how to tie and I am sure some people on FAOL will remember it. It's the Guacamole Stick Bug by Warren Patterson. He posted the fly on FAOL back in June 2013. I will start making them now and If you send me an address I will send them to you the first part of next week.

See the 4th post in the thread for the address to send them to.
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread