+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where did everyone go?

Hybrid View

Default Where did everyone go?

There is almost no traffic on this site anymore.

One post on this entire site in 3 days?

This was such an active board a few years ago. Many fly swaps each year, new articles posted frequently and even member get togethers.

Now, one post ( thank you Scott, wonderful tie as always) in three days, with 130 views ( a handful of those were me).

I did my best to try to revive the fly swaps, along with others, now that is a dead board.

What happened here?

Is there a fix?

SCG

Good question; there’s lots of participation on other sites I frequent but this one definitely has seen a decline over the past few years.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

This question might get a better response if you put it on the Fly Anglers forum, rather than the fly tying forum.

Also, recently you asked for information on a product you were considering purchasing. Two BB members gave you good input on the product manufacturer. You didn't acknowledge, let alone express appreciation for their contribution to your inquiry. That may be a part of the answer to your question.

John
    The fish are always right.

John, thanks for the post placement advice.

I posted this question on fly tying because this forum gets most of the posts and views.

As for not acknowledging the product advice info I asked for, ( A specific fly rod model ), that is bad on me. Please accept my apologies.

But the question remains, what happened on this site that the traffic dropped so dramatically?

SCG

Blog Entries

Interesting dialogue about this page. I post pics of flies from time to time, but not often as my posts often don?t spur questions as I hoped they would.

My intent, in posting, is to try to get others to exchange ideas and critiques of patterns and materials. Just often not discussed in that regard for some reason.

I hope others will respond as to what type of posts they would like to see and respond to!!!

Let’s use this thread to hear from those who don’t respond to posts. What do you wish to discuss????
    Last edited by Byron haugh; 10-03-2021 at 07:57 PM.

one problem may be the fact that some virus/malware programs block it saying it is not safe. I use Malwarebytes and for two or three weeks I was getting that message and then it suddenly quit saying it.

+ Reply to Thread