+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PRUNING TIME and Blogs????

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Default PRUNING TIME and Blogs????

Ok things look stable for now.
    The next step now that iPhone season is done is to prune all the users that have not logged in in a couple years and have no posts.

I'll wait a bit and then its Edward Scissorhands time.....

I'm also thinking of actually turning on and using blogs for those that miss articles and stuff. It would have to be community driven though and community policed. My current job doesn't leave much time for anything but eating and working, and we can't just throw extra volunteer work on Charlaine or others.

i have to look at the mechanics of that and see if BB software needs to be patched first though.

Any opinions on Blogs?

Or how about we add a section on the BB for links to other fly fishing sites or YouTube instructions that are of value.
    FAOL is not a source of income for anyone anymore - so it can morph into a central stepping off place for all things flyfishing.

Let me know. But if it gets super popular - I may have to put a few ads to offset costs. For now, this is part of my other stuff, so no ads are needed. Thanks all.

I would like to do a blog.

Rick

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Z View Post
    I would like to do a blog.

Rick
    Fantastic.
    I think to do this properly I may have to update the BB software. Give me a bit to research that and a VERY Big thankyou.

I want to ensure that uploaded photos etc will be stored locally. I find it annoying to find an excellent article with pictures is suddenly useless because the images are no longer available on some other site.

Thanks Rick.

Huge thanks for all your work.

Rick

Lightbulb Adding photos ...

Quote Originally Posted by rtidd View Post

I want to ensure that uploaded photos etc will be stored locally. I find it annoying to find an excellent article with pictures is suddenly useless because the images are no longer available on some other site.

Thanks Rick.
    ... to threads or posts was undoubtedly designed to be "state of the art" when the BB was created going on twenty years ago, or however long it has been. Unfortunately, the BB system for attaching photos turned out to be pretty poor, practically unusable in my experience.

Some of the outside resources hosting photos generally worked well with the BB, such as photobucket which was generally okay ( although I had some real problems with photobucket a couple times which resulted in most of my photos disappearing from the BB ) until they started charging significant fees.

I don't have a clue what can be done, and at this point I'm not sure it's even worth your time, Ron. But have at it if you will. Good luck.

John
    The fish are always right.

+1 on all the thanks for your work in keeping this viable

Hey Ron,
    May I also add my thanks for your work herein. So THANKS!!! ( sincerely)

Mark

+ Reply to Thread