Thread: Another dumb question icw leaders

Threaded View

Thank you all for your posting opinions. I expected to get some harsh comments.....this is good so far.
    Appreciate DaleW taking the time to post all his knowledge icw leaders and such. Good info for me as I just discovered PumpkinSeed sunfish. Wow do they put up a fight!
    Going after some of them tomorrow morning. Not sure what flies to use.....sink or wet....what leader.....etc....
    But thank you Dale for the great info.
    BTW the fly that I discovered them with is the Yeagerburger. Easy to tie. Quite effective. The one I put on was just in frustration of not getting anything.....fishing for bass......and just threw on that all beat up....hackle almost gone......Yeagerburger. The sunfish loved it. I just dangled it on the surface with my rod tip up high and they would take it. Now will try to fish the traditional way.....from a distance....witih a float line and fly.....then perhaps a wet fly.......

I have now read that PumpkinSeeds are very good tasting.

oh......I am going to just tie on some mono at the end of my fly line......for the sunfishies......

jim
    Last edited by Whitewolf; 08-08-2021 at 03:26 PM. Reason: adding a clarificartion