+ Reply to Thread

Thread: muddler pattern

Default muddler pattern

Has anyone ever substituded the feather wing, and tail on a minnow muddler with zonker strips?? It looks, and works great.

while im on the topic, where is a good site that has step by step instructions on the kiwi muddler??

Zonker Muddlers:
    [url=http://users.andara.com/~dryfly/zonker.htm:f81ff]http://users.andara.com/~dryfly/zonker.htm[/url:f81ff]

Good site, good patterns (sorry, no Kiwi!).

John

I never tried zonker strips, but I do prefer to use marabou vs. turkey. The gills seem to prefer it too.

------------------
    Analizing our differences not only leads to enlightenment, but also to new and interesting ideas that you yourself may never have thought of.

You name it and you can bet someone has done it already. Tying a brand new fly is one of the hardest things there is to do in the fly tying world.
    I have seen many flies tied in magazines that people are spouting as new and they have been around for many years. People just think they are new.
    I believe you would have to come up with a whole new material and a new way to use it to have a new fly and that is hard to do.
    Just my opinion. Ron

well thats why i try to see if anyone else has seen it or used it before i call it new. Thanks for the web page, and replies

+ Reply to Thread