+ Reply to Thread

Thread: aka MIFI ?

Hybrid View

Default aka MIFI ?

Although this event has diminished in attention "somewhat" in the last few years, perhaps some of us/you would like to show up for a few laughs and wet lines this year ? Col. John Campbell (ret), a seasonal resident, could possibly, suggest a time when the fishing would be best (?????). I know, myself and my significant would come if a date was chosen. And perhaps a few more could show up to make it a real party.
    In any case, just a thought .

Mark

To: All Interested
    I say ALL to keep Betty from saying this is a personal email. This has been an unusual spring up here. I have been here since the end of April and it's been pretty chilly until recently. Now we are fluctuating between 75-90 during the afternoon. Rivers, to include the Manistee, are a little low due to very little rain. Water temp is also high for this time of years 65-72. BTW, I am not a climate change or Green New Deal fan. With all that said, a few members who are regulars plan to come up later in June, but nothing formal is planned.

From my observations, there are far more fishers here than in previous years. Could be because of Fauci's and the MI Governor's lockdown last year. BTW, very few people are still wearing mask up here. Not even the waiters in Spikes. My wife and I have been vaccinated. I have not fished allot this year, but reports I hear are that it is spotty on any given day. Most people are using streamers or nymphs right now. We did have a good Brown Drake hatch a few weeks ago. Lots of sulfurs right now and I expect a good Hex hatch due to the warmer than usual temps. Bottom line- maybe we can have an informal gathering if anybody is interested. My house on the river is always available. The Ausable river race is on this years (end of June) after being cancelled last year.

Hope all of you are well. JC.
    God Bless America

John,
    Informal or otherwise, is there any interest aside from mine ?. I tried to contact you SEVERAL TIMES via PM ( Betty's admonition) but you either have me on "ignore" or just ain't into the PM thing. So..........................??

Mark

See my PM. I rarely look at them. So, not ignoring anybody. Hope to see some of the regulars this week, but I guess most of us are getting to old and lame to wade. Sure as hell not going to pay a guide $500.00 (plus) to catch one or two fish all day from a boat. Guess I'm just too tight with my bucks. Let me know your plans.
    God Bless America

Don't where you fish but here in Mountain Home Ar I can tell you we catch more that 1-2 fish a day even without guide. I don't fish as much as I used to because of age but even if I only fish for two hours I will catch a dozen or more and go home. I fish the catch and release are of the White river which is tail water from the Bull Shoals dam

I am also familiar with the White River right below the dam. It is a stocked area with plenty of eager fish, but you better move when the horn goes off. I also fished there with a guide and although we caught a few nice trout further down the river, it wasn't a dozen or so. I love that river and have a friend (old Army buddy) who lives in Bull Shoals.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread