+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Silver Pheasant substitutes

Default Silver Pheasant substitutes

Are there any suggested substitutes for the Silver Pheasant shoulders on smaller streamers? The packaged ones usually average much larger than what seems needed.

Buy a skin -- you'll get a range of feather sizes.

This is one of the biggest prob's in the buying of materials "pre packaged" the lack of size deversity,all my silver phesant sits idle for this very reason...I'd buy a skin,But since I know, I'll never use more than a few feathers..I can't see the point....Best you can hope for is to list on the things wanted board and hope for someone with a whole skin,to maybe want to trade for something you may have, that they may need...Worth a try anyway...Best of luck.

------------------
    "I've often wondered why it is that so many anglers spend so much money on,and pay so much attention to.the details on the wrong end of the fly line.If they took as much care in selecting or tying their flies as they did in the selection of the reel and rod,They might be able to gain the real extra edge that makes it possible to fool a fish that has,in fact,seen it all before" A.K.Best

"Wish ya great fishing"

Bill
    Wish ya great fishing,Bill

I bought a skin a few years ago,when I was going through a Carrie Stevens phase,and used about 30 feathers from the shoulder.Only about 50 thousand more left,so if you want some,let me know,I'll cut it up and send you some.I like having it,but I wish I spent the $40.00 on some thing I use more often. CJ

+ Reply to Thread