+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breaks My Heart

Hey Colonel Campbell,
    Since what's his name has become dormant, perhaps you, being on the scene, could suggest a possible date for a gettogether there in Grayling ?. I've checked the local motels and that would seem not to be a problem to accomodate anyone who wishes to attend in July. I and mine would love to come if even the slightest interest is demonstrated and , of course, subject to your schedule. Just a thought. It would be great fun to fish, tell tales and pop a few corks streamside the "Holy Waters" again.

Mark

Mark

Mark
    I think I know who you are referring to as "what's his name" without revealing his name. Some of them always come up for the rod building gathering the third week of June. We will probably get together then on an informal basis. You and your significant other are always welcome to join in for that gathering. Similar to the gathering we had two years ago, some of my fishing neighbors will also be around. I think we had a pretty good time then and even caught a few fish. So, let me know when you plan on coming. I might even have room for you and yours at the house if relatives are not there at the time. Stay in touch. I will have the Wine and Bourbon as usual, but can't guarantee the food like we had before.
    God Bless America

Could you two please take your personal messaging to the private messaging? Your uncalled for juvenile personal slam doesn't belong on a public board. Thank you.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Sure Betty! Sorry we insulted your sensibility. But everything seems to insult you if it is coming from me. Why wasn't YOUR message above sent to us in a private message? What in our communication was JUVENLE to your sensitive mind. I think your message to us is juvenile and insulting. As you like to say "don't look back, we ain't going that (YOUR) way". This message is not sent to you in a private message because your insulting message was not.
    God Bless America

Actually, a request was sent through Private Message by me, and nothing was done ... well, other than another snarky message from you all. My sensibility is just fine, thank you, and at least someone uses some! Calling it juvenile was being polite .... your untoward bully comments were not.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

No further comment. It would be useless. Have a good day.
    God Bless America

Hey John.
    We must to change our code phrase from " lets have agettogether in Grayling" to something much less likely to imply our real meaning. Perhaps "the burgers are great at Spike's" would throw them/her off and not disclose our "snarky" hidden meaning?

And Betty, with some and respect, YOU'RE NUTS !.... There was NO reason for you to inject your agenda into our perfectly innocent conversation but I "totally understand".........

Mark

Marco, I read your kind words on page one of this thread, and they are truly appreciated. Vickie (VEE) and I moved to Maine almost three years ago to be close to our Grandson, who just turned 9. Since Covid reared it's ugly head we (VEE) have been home schooling him. VEE teaches the three R's, I teach him to use tools, garden and to shoot. He's been fishing with us a couple times, but gets bored. Part of that instant gratification thing. If he ever hooks a fish though, he'll be a fan. Like others, I too, miss the fellowship we all used to share on FAOL. A lot of my friends I have never met face to face, but only on the BB and Chatroom. Like some of the "Old Guard" I have drifted. I was a site admin on another fly fishing site, but had to give it up when my eyesight started to fail. I still check that site daily because it's a very narrow band of fly fishing, wet flies, flymphs and just recently, nymphs. Just my style. About seven years ago I helped Jim Slattery out by working his fly shop on the Madison for the summer. Les Young, one of the old guard, stopped in the shop to buy some hackle, and we had a chance to chat a bit. That was one of the better summers of my life. My computer time is limited due to the cataract, but Ill stop in from time to time to say howdy. Until then, tight lines and best fishes to all.
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

You all talking about whats his name .. or who ?
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

I can assure you, in my reference, I was not referring to Ron Eagle Elk. if that's what you are implying. It is another good friend who we haven't heard from in awhile for whatever reason.
    God Bless America

+ Reply to Thread