Hi All!
I asked this question on another FF site for the Northeast area and received no response, so I thought I would try the wonderful resource of information found here. I have a book in my fly tying library titled, ?How to Tie Flies?, by E.C. Gregg. It was published in 1940 by A.S. Barnes & Company. In the book are some pictures of fly tying material, made up on cards that read, ?Gregg?s Artificial Flies ? Bristol,Conn.?. My information says that Ellery Gregg was a well known commercial fly tier from Bristol and moved to Tampa, Florida in the mid 1940?s. In Florida, he developed a series of lures named ?Crazy Swimmers? that came in six different color patterns that are especially appealing to collectors.

I like to know as much about the authors of my books as I can. For example, did he run a tackle shop in Bristol? Did he supply flies for anybody in particular? Do any of you remember anything about this man? By the way, the book is very well written with illustrations by the author and black and white photos of many of the flies that he offered at the time and, with standard dressings of 334 flies. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob