I'll pass this story along since it's so relavent to the thread. A year or two ago I read a story in the local newspaper about the two rookie DNT fellas who's first assignment was to go fishing, undercover, at the #1 ( and nearly only) trout stream in Northern Indiana on opening day. They watched happily for a couple of hours as three "gentlemen" and their children, fished quite sucessfully for the stocker Rainbows that had been released earlier that day. Seems after each one of them would catch a fish or two they'd make a trip back up the bank to the camper with the fish in hand. They would spend several minutes inside the camper and emerge a bit more wobbly than they went in. After doing some rough calculations and figuring out they'd let it go on long enough, our rookie deaners ambled on over and introduced themselves. The list of offenses for which these three goofballs were charged included: possession of marijuana, exceeding both catch and possession limits, not having a fishing license or trout stamp, public intoxication, and the list goes on. They lost their fishing equipment, camper, truck, and lifetime fishing rights in addition to the jail time and fines. I thought these two rookie DNR fellas should have been given an instant promotion. I hope to run into them on the stream some day so I can shake their hands and thank them.

------------------
These are the idle thoughts that posses a man's mind when he's not able to fish.