+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tacky Dry Fly Box

Hybrid View

Default Tacky Dry Fly Box

Interested in purchasing Tacky Dry Fly box but some reviews have said there are some QC issues with "sealed" fly insert slits from the factory. This product line has been on the market for about 2-3 years. Anyone confirm? I own an original Tacky box for carrying nymphs and I think it's a great product with silicone inserts. thanks

I have had some silicone insert fly boxes (not sure if they are Tacky brand) where some of the slits had not been cut completely. It took just a few minutes with an Xacto knife to fix the problem.

Ted

I have two of them and didn't have this issue with either. As Tedshuck noted it's an easy enough fix provided it isn't every slot.

Quote Originally Posted by fritz View Post
    Interested in purchasing Tacky Dry Fly box but some reviews have said there are some QC issues with "sealed" fly insert slits from the factory. This product line has been on the market for about 2-3 years. Anyone confirm? I own an original Tacky box for carrying nymphs and I think it's a great product with silicone inserts. thanks
    "My father was very sure about certain matters pertaining to the universe. To him, all good things - trout as well as eternal salvation - come by grace and grace comes by art and art does not come easy." Norman Maclean, A River Runs Through It

+ Reply to Thread