+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SwissCDC Multiloop Tool - anyone try this?

Default SwissCDC Multiloop Tool - anyone try this?

I received an ad email from Angler's All today with a link to their site for a "SwissCDC Multiloop Tool". I had to investigate... From the photo, I really could not figure how it was to be used, but after watching the video at the bottom of the page, I was impressed at the simplicity and utility of this tool for making dubbing loops a little easier. The price is impressive too! Has anyone here tried to use this?

https://www.anglersall.com/SwissCDC-Multiloop-Tool

Thanks,
    Ted

I use a battery powered baby formula mixer to spin my loops; set me back $5 and I’ve had to change the batteries once in the past 10 years. I do like the material clip, and use the similar Petitjean ones; at the time (1996) I considered it a splurge at $20 but I’ve used them enough over the years that I consider that a decent return on investment.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

I have a dubbing twister that works for me. Also use dubbing brushes.
    Scott Norby makes a little table that fits on many vices to make dubbing loops.

Rick

ive seen it but ill pass on buying it

i have an old dubbit spinning tool i bought from from larry walkers shop in colorado 35+ years ago

picture of my dubbing twister.

DSCN3803 (2) by Richard Zieger, on Flickr

Those dubbing twisters look nice, but they don't address the issue that this Swiss tool tries to solve, controlling the loop for dubbing insertion before the twisting starts. This is where I often have some frustration getting material into the loop and then closing the loop before starting the spin. The video shows how those slots and holes in the Swiss tool can be used to smoothly control the loop opening. I can't see paying the asking price for this tool, but I may try to make one to see if it makes loop control any easier.
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedshuck View Post
    Those dubbing twisters look nice, but they don't address the issue that this Swiss tool tries to solve, controlling the loop for dubbing insertion before the twisting starts. This is where I often have some frustration getting material into the loop and then closing the loop before starting the spin. The video shows how those slots and holes in the Swiss tool can be used to smoothly control the loop opening. I can't see paying the asking price for this tool, but I may try to make one to see if it makes loop control any easier.
    Ted
    Waxing the thread (I use Wonderwax; pretty sticky) helps to keep the material in place before I start to spin it.

Regards,
    Scott
    Just a tourist passing through

SBS Index updated 2/21/18

Scott,
    Thanks for the suggestion of using wax. I generally don't, but will try it next time I am using a dubbing loop.
    Thanks,
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by tedshuck View Post
    Ted
    Exactly, Ted. This makes it much easier to create a dubbing loop.

I use a shepards hook with a sharpie or pen hooked in loop ( so i can get my finger in) until I am ready to put whatever I am spinning in the loop. Here is a tutorial on the tool to each there own https://www.flyfishfood.com/blogs/ty...wiss-multiloop

+ Reply to Thread