I recently took a look at the first flies I tied in March of 2004. I immediately set to modifying them, fixing them, or dismantling them. Wow, have I learned in just over one year of tying! One of the things that has helped me is to enter swaps - lots of swaps. I was nervous at first and for the reasons you all have stated. Who was I to be tying with masters? However, I discovered tht I was extra careful with the flies for swaps. I knew that they were nothing as good as most of the ones I would receive, but they were my best and to me that was good enough. Please enter a swap and you will be proud of yourselves. Plus you will see other folk's work and get ideas just by looking at their flies. ALso, those flies that I tied for each swap - every flie has caught fish and plenty of them including a lovely wild Westslope Cutthroat. Wait not! You will find yourselves checking the mailbox each day and then you will open the swap package with impatient delight. Now get those hooks and feathers out and have at it.