+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mid-week Stocker Trout

Hybrid View

Default Mid-week Stocker Trout

Took the day off Thursday and fished an Urban Trout Program pond that got stocked on Tuesday with 400 trout. My goal was to catch 401...and I did not reach that goal.
    I caught a Bluegill, a White Crappie, and a Largemouth Bass. And ~ 20 Rainbow Trout. I measured a few trout in the 13"-15" range.

Dragonflyfishing:
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Nice report David.. I think the IaDNR finished stocking urban waters this week.
    iaflyfisher

Great! Have you been able to go catch some? I think it got up into the mid-70's here in STL yesterday...I was overdressed in jeans and a longsleeve t-shirt. The trout seemed to want to avoid the shallows. The fishing may get better when it cools down more here...maybe next week.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Nice fish. Looks like you had way t much fun.

Rick

Fished Saturday, same place. Fishing was even tougher than before! Only caught 4 trout!

This fella made it into my house, but was quickly returned to the wild:
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Oh...and this happened on Saturday as well:
    I was fishing, not really anyone nearby,...asphalt walking path behind me, trees on the others side. The trees really didn't overhang the path by much and didn't reach out over the water. I'm looking at the water and see a shadow appear. I'm watching the shadow, and then a big splash as whatever cast the shadow hit the water about 25' in front of me. I immediately looked up to see if a bird of prey was flying over and dropped something. No birds. I looked around to see if anyone was nearby messing with me. Nobody. I looked at the trees to see if whatever it was could have fallen from the trees into the water. Nope...the trees weren't close enough. That "thing" that hit the water was a squirrel. It never moved after it hit the water...I feel pretty certain it was dead before it hit the water. Has this happened to anyone? I can't seem to wrap my mind around a good explanation of where this dead squirrel came from. I've had stuff hit the water in front of me before while fishing (more than once)....but never a dead squirrel. Pretty bizarre.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

+ Reply to Thread