Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
And as for me, It's hard to fathom WHY anyone would be SO STUBBORN and NAIVE as to wager one's own and perhaps that of other's life on a statistic. While stalking the elusive trouts deep in the wilds of Wyoming etc, I do not trust my 44 mag or my skill with it alone so I have a LARGE canister of UDAP which I CARRY/HOLD in my left hand and the 44 mag or Glock 29 10mm open carry holster just to left of my belt buckle for easy right handed cross draw. In the bear country scenario,if it's anti-gun politics that drive "you", YOU'RE NUTS!. I do practice C.A.N.T.
I also wonder if "you" were a guide with 3 or 4 clients in your trust on a fishing expedition, would "you" in that scenario, also only protect them with bear spray?
Mark

PS: Also, Hap, curiosity compels me to ask, what is your choice of firearm and loads while plodding thru bear country ?
If hunting, guiding, or guarding photographers a short barreled bolt action rifle with a very low power scope. I have used many from 30-06 to 375H&H AI. I currently carry a 30-06 usually. If fishing I carry a Taurus Ti 5-shot revolver in 44Spl. I have carried a large number of different makes, models and chamberings. The Taurus is so wonderfully light it is easy to ALWAYS have it with me.