Well others may have too in the past but this one is new to me.

While walking arround town I came across a pet shop that actually have a big window in their "hair dressing" area and they were in fact trimming a chow chow's "big coat". I just walked in immediatelly and:

-yes sir, if you want the hair you can pick it up, of course, no problem, what the h... are you going to do with it? What!! flies? what for? fishing. uhh I see. all right then, come back when ever you want

And you won't beleive the kind of hare's ears that came out!! Great natural color, it dubbs just fine with the same effect real hare's hair has.....

To tell you the truth I picked up a lot of it along with some schnauzer trimmings, mixed a little of both and, voila!!

Chow chow's hair is all fur, with no guard hair on it and it's all almost the same color, to give it some guard hairs and some contrast I threw some of the schnauzer's, it came out just fine.

Now giving it a second thought, should I keep calling my hare's ears like that? maybe: chow chow nymphs?

To be honest I don't care. I have hair dubbing for the rest of my life and if the day comes when the bag is finally empty I can walk to the pet shop and get a lot of it again and for free!!

The best of all is fish don't see the diference.

'till next time!

Dave