Many people love trout fishing like I do. Some love the adrenaline rush hooking into a large trout and feeling and hearing the drag on their reel screaming. Many go into the outdoors to escape the sounds and the hustle and bustle of their lives.

Some love the blind potential of what lies beneath on the next cast or around the next bend. Some love the reading of the water and guessing where the next big trout will be laying.

Some love the beautiful places that trout live in. The pristine streams and the wildflowers that live on her banks beckon. The solitude and silence of my trout streams are deafening.

I had my alarm clock set for 5 a.m. this morning. I woke up long before the alarm went off and stepped out onto my deck into the darkness in my skivvies. This morning was particularly cool and had the feeling of fall.

I stood out there in the darkness for quite some time enjoying the cool breeze. I could not help but smile and remember the last big trout I caught just a day or two ago.

As I get older I appreciate the times I get to go fishing more. My knees and back told me to go back to bed this morning.

I went back in the house and promptly fell back asleep and had wonderful dreams about catching big trout. My dreams were from yesterday and from my very first trout when I was 5 years old. This 63 year old was 5 years old again and I love that feeling. Life is grand on a trout stream in Wisconsin's driftless area and in my dreams