+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fish Finder for Inflatable

Hybrid View

Default Fish Finder for Inflatable

Hello,

I just purchased the Sea Eagle 285 inflatable. In looking at fish finders I see several that say they are no good at less than 15' deep. Would anyone know of a good fish finder for fishing in shallow ponds? One near me has lots of bass....many acres...forget....think 335. Deepest anywhere on the lake is 10' Another 18'....and one 35 and one 65.

Also....no matter what I look at....some supposed to be really good....one will find negative comments and reviews. Very difficult to find and select a fish finder.

A plea for help.......

jim

Jim, there are a couple of fish finders for people fishing from the bank that use a floating transducer. Have you googled for a "Shallow water fish finder?"
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

No....I hadn't thought of that. I would prefer one in the water at all times. And travel along with me. Hmmmm good idea though. Perhaps don't cast it out....just have it attached to the toon somehow. There are videos of people attaching a fish finder to the front board on the toon....with an arm they swing down into the water. But I don't know what fish finder they are using. Thanks Uncle Jesse. I am going to go give it a look.
    jimi

I’ve read good reviews & watched YouTube videos of the Garmin Striker 4. Seemed like a lot of fish finder for $120. I ordered one to use on the kayak. It should arrive today.

Tks Sleddog. I am leaning toward the Garmin Strier 4. Yesterday I found several "best fish finder for inflatables" reviews and rankings. Many rated different ones as the best. But ALL of them included the Garmin 4 somewhere in their list. I read where a higher frequency was better for shallow water. There are some out there with higher than 200. I dunno.....I am thinking perhaps the Garmin 4 is all one needs anyway....for shallow water.....Due to Uncle Jesse's tip I am finding a lot to look at.

Wow.....several very positive reviews for the Hummingbird Helix 5 SI With Side Imaging....and GPS Model 40964-40-1
    I copy pasted and saved just for reference. How in the world is one supposed to find a good Fish Finder?
    I have researched a lot......and 3 very positive reviews said SI good for shallow waters. And this finder so good it seems like it was designed for shallow water.....!!!
    Then you go to Bass Pro and soooooo many negative comments.....
    What to do? Every thing I find that says good.....I find conflicting trashing it comments......
    geeeeze

+ Reply to Thread