I have been doing alot of reading about fly reels in the last little while, and the more I read, the more confuse I became. So I asked myself "what do I want in a reel?" and "what do I want it for?

Well my answer is;
1)-The reel has to be balance with the rod.
2)-Must be durable and have an easy to change spool.
3)-Must have a palming rim and disc drag(just in case I hook into a trophy fish ;o)
4)-Must be manufacture by a company that will stand by there product 100%
5)-Must be with in my budget

So now that I know what I am looking for, I started my search.
What I found is that you can get almost anything you want if you are willing to pay the price.
There are lots of great reels out there from about $75.00(US) to $200.00(US). It is just a matter of what you like and then choose one.
What I did is I picked a reel and then tried to connect to their website. Yes SteelieD, Ross Reels was one of them and I was very impressed with the companys position on standing behind the product they sell. They even had an email address where I could ask for more info (which I did).

SteelieD, I did take a look at the Evolution. The reel is exactly what I am looking for, but a little pricey. So I looked at the Rhythm (by RR), exactly the same just a little heavier.

I have come a long way in a short time on the knowledge of fly reels(and it is not a lot). The biggest thing for me is, I like a balanced system. So when I looked at reels and they were not in the weight range I was look for, I moved to the next choice. Then I looked at other feature I wanted and kept working through a process of elimination.

I hope this help others that are in the same position as I was.

PS: Didn't plan on being so long winded.

Disc drag.....Disc drag.....Disc drag..... Disc drag.....Why is Disc drag so important? <