+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE CHRONICLER'S FAIR WELL - Neil - Jan 12, 2020

WOW!
    So, sadly, the time has come to bid "farewell" to all here and to those who were . And/ so, to their memory, I'd like to extend <br>
    my heartfelt thanks to JC "HIMSELF", the Ladyfisher who built this FAOL community and to those in the beginning such as Al Campbell et al who played no small part in forging it's image copied later by many. My thanks also to you Neil , Ron who helped keep all rolling smoothly thru today . Thanks also to all the original sponsors who helped fund the foundation of what FAOL ultimately became. Also a sincere thanks to all the contributing authors, contributing flytiers ,forum posters of wisdom ,wit, fiction and fact. Your talents and thoughts were appreciated, enjoyed and sometimes even taken to heart.
    As I write this , my mind is racing ( not so "racing" any more ) thru names of folks with whom I have, either by face or screen, pleasantly interacted thru the years many of which are no longer with us but are still vivid in memory.
    Needless to sat, I'll miss this place. MY contributions, though somewhat numerous, generally leaned toward neutral/ off topic . I started a few "rows" and caused a few misunderstandings for which I now apologize . When it came to specifics of fly fishing, I mostly remained quiet opting to be thought a fool&nbsp; rather than confirming the thought. I learned a lot.
    All in all, It's been a fun ride. :>)
    Mark
    PS: Steve M., I'm glad ONE of us had a good day. :t
    Last edited by Marco; 01-18-2020 at 04:22 AM.

I'm a little confused here. Marco's and others posts sounds like an obituary. Is this site shutting down? If so, please say so. Hate to see all the long faces. Some have passed on, but many of us are still kicking. Thanks.
    God Bless America

Thanks to all who have given their time. I hope this is not the end.

John, "FAIR WELL" , spelling notwithstanding, certainly implies and is in fact a synonym for "Hasta............". There is not much that could be left to the imagination after that. I;m sure most of us expected that after the passing of the Ladyfisher, some of the fire and desire by admin to perpetuate FAOL would fade away. Perhaps this is the time. The site exists(ed) at the pleasure and convenience of it's owners for us .It is their option to blow the game end whistle regardless of us who may still be cheering.

Mark
    PS: "fire and desire" , perhaps there are other better more appropriate words but............
    Last edited by Marco; 01-18-2020 at 09:08 PM.

PS: Steve M., I'm glad ONE of us had a good day. :t
    From what I saw of your parking you were leaning slightly to the left in the ditch,
    no injuries otherwise no question I would of stopped, EMS is in my blood!

Be safe

Steve

thank you for so much!

Just saw this. I don't visit the site as often as I used to.

Thank you Neil for all that you have done to keep this site one of the true gems in the vast internet of things.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Although initially ominous to me and others, the "FAIR WELL" post seems to have been a bit premature. FAOL, thankfully, goes on without any symptoms of gasping for air, I'm happy to see.

Mark

End of articles. Not the site.

Rick

Thanks Rick,
    One would, however, think that tidbit of enlightenment could have been presented much earlier in the life of this thread by the authorities. In any case Rick, Thanks for the clarification.

Mark
    PS: Due to new developements, I hereby rescind my , posted earlier, PREmortem eulogy but only to the extent and part where the demise of FAOL is specifically mentioned. My appreciation to names mentioned shoud remain intact and with continued respect as was intended.
    Last edited by Marco; 06-06-2020 at 10:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread