Long Way Home

The wife and I had to get out of the house last night. We picked up food curbside at the Rooted Spoon in Viroqua and ate it "Greek" in the wayside near Readstown.

It was too early to go home so we visited my mom at the cemetery and her mom in Gays Mills. After those stops she was not ready to go home so we wandered.

I took her to my stream I had caught my last big one on. She wanted to see the stream because I had described it to her. I wanted to see if it was clear enough to fish.

Barb was astounded I walked so far just for fishing when I would not take a walk with her in town.

Barb snapped a photo of the stream at the beginning bridge. She could tell I was excited because the stream was clear and I wanted to hit it at first light in the morning. I talked about it all the way home.

I set the alarm clock for 4am and went to bed. The sun woke me up at 7am. I thought I had slept through my alarm and was mad at myself. Barb woke up shortly thereafter.

I asked her if she heard the alarm at 4am. She admitted to turning off the alarm when she came to bed. This is what she said: "It is supposed to get up to 87 degrees today." "I have gotten kinda use to you through the decades." "You should pick another day when it is 20 degrees cooler."