+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Wisconsin Driftless 2020

Blog Entries

Went fishing today and hooked into a large trout. Initially I thought it was a brooder rainbow. I cursed to myself and thought : "Who let this DNR hatchery reject into one of my streams in Crawford County."

That thought evaporated when I got it closer and realized it was the biggest brook trout I have ever caught in my life and it had shoulders.

A beautiful fish .....
    Relaxed and now a Full Time Trout Bum, Est. 2024

That's great, Len!
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Blog Entries

Took friend Chris out recently. We were on the water at 7:45 this morning. It rained 2 days straight and I did a wander about yesterday in search of clean water.
    We hit a Richland County stream first. Chris had his way with the browns today.

Blog Entries

Small water...3 hours before Packer game.

18 to hand.

Blog Entries

Default New Permission

Went out at 9:30am today and fished on a stretch I had always looked at but never fished.
    The farmer was very friendly and told me exactly where to start. He put in a request for 2 browns for the grill.

The very first place I tried I was rocked by a monster on the surface and got a good look at it. It was huge. A return trip is in order.

The next corner I had another big on but only for about 2 second. I felt its power and then it was off.

I went to where the cows crossed and decide that just upstream from where they cross looked like a good hide.

First cast I caught this long female with a giant tail. Add about five inches to this one and you have the one that rocked me on the surface.

I fished up to the bridge and walked to the farmer's house and gave him a couple I harvested for him. It was a short stretch and I only landed 9 there.

The farmer was happy with the fish I gave him he told me about a stretch he owned downstream.

It was bigger water in a well groomed pasture. I got really excited and visualized monsters. I fished there from 11:45am to 1pm and landed only three trout.

I caught this brookie on the large water. It had gill lice. I need to fish this stretch early morning on a cloudy day....there has to be bigguns here....It screams bigguns.

Blog Entries

Little Gimp

Went for a week without fishing. It nearly drove me crazy due to this being one of the best times of the year to fish. I did not stop me from asking permission. I have a place I had stopped the minimum of a dozen times over the last four years. Being tenacious finally paid off. I got permission last Monday and was dying to try this easy stretch. I am not 100 percent but I needed to fish.

I walked as far back as I could. I was disappointed that I couldn't negotiate the bluff to walk back farther.

I fished back to the car.

50 minutes on the water. 21 browns to hand.

Len
    I just love reading your exploits with the char and trout...delightful...keep 'em coming.,

someday....

Mark

+ Reply to Thread