Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I will note that Charlie is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet and I'm lucky to call him a friend. Like me his is of a younger generation which is perhaps a bit too free with profanity. I've listened to this interview before and it is a pretty casual affair, as such the f-bomb slipping out is just something which happened. The idea however that this speaks to Charlie's character is, to my mind, a bit beyond the pale. Charlie probably does as much for the sport of fly fishing as anyone out there today and certainly gives of himself in terms of time and resources (who else gives away fly tying tutorials with the level of detail Charlie does) more so than anyone else i know. Yes, as I noted we are friends and I'm happy to defend him, but to say the dropping of a single f-bomb speaks to his character simply isn't accurate. As others have noted, call his shop and talk to him, I'm sure your opinion of him will change after the conversation. He's there every day except Wednesday.