+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlie Craven Interview

Default Charlie Craven Interview

Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Thanks for posting this link. It is a very interesting interview that I had not seen before. Charlie Craven has invented many of my favorite patterns. His new Juju emerger has done very well for me this fall.
    Regards,
    Ted

Excellent Read. Quite a guy.
    God Bless America

Default Link

Quote Originally Posted by tedshuck View Post
    Thanks for posting this link. It is a very interesting interview that I had not seen before. Charlie Craven has invented many of my favorite patterns. His new Juju emerger has done very well for me this fall.
    Regards,
    Ted
    Hey Ted, Would post a link to the new JuJu emerger? I'm not sure to which one you are referring. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    Hey Ted, Would post a link to the new JuJu emerger? I'm not sure to which one you are referring. Thanks
    https://charliesflyboxinc.com/portfo...ox-template-6/

Here is a link to Charlie's tutorial for the fly. The first few that I tied, I tried to tie the legs the way he shows. Well... Charlie is much better at this technique than I am! All other flies that I have tied, I use two wraps of a soft hackle in the same spot on the fly. It still seems to work very well.
    I think this fly has several triggers that work very well together. The juju body, which h a key feature of the Juju Baetis fly, the CDC wing that keeps the fly in the Emerger zone, and the few strands of fluorofiber that add just the right amount of flash. Try it, the fish will like it.

Ted

I remember when JCastwell ran Charlie off from FAOL, because Charlie knew more than J! LOL

Had my interest till he dropped the "F" bomb. Although there are few if any places for using such language, a recorded promotional interview certainly shouldn't be one of them.

Mark

Mark,
    Most of us seniors do not use that kind of language in a public conversations, or approve of it, but he is a talented guy. I particularly liked his research and explanation of the various tying threads on the market today. Call his shop and tell him to watch his language. He'll probably answer the phone. Merry Christmas!!
    God Bless America

John, It's not the language nor did it "offend" me or need my "approval" it's his judgement in choosing to use it in that context is where I lose interest, talent or no. It's not my place to call and correct him. He is either reaping the rewards for his character or paying for same.

Mark

I agree with you Marco. A man's character is often discovered by listening to what comes out of their mouth. Merry Christmas to you and yours and may you enjoy a blessed and healthy New Year.

+ Reply to Thread